My Friends

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mango Ice Cream

Ok, so I tried this mango ice cream from haagen dazs, and I usually never look at the nutrition facts or the ingredients, but guess what I found :

Next to ingredients, it says "carrot juice concentrate", but before that it says "pumpkin juice concentrate" (I was stupid enough to cut off the pumpkin part). What has pumpkin and carrot have to do with mango flavor? maybe the color?

The plastic spoon inside is literally just a plastic stick, so I used my own spoon (I miss the wooden spoons). The first few bites were amazing, but after I read the carrot and the pumpkin, it started tasting very vegetably. Next time I want to try the dulce de leche or the passion fruit flavor...has anyone tried it? 

4 comments:

  1. Could be for color or maybe the combination of it with some other stuff added tastes like mango! I rarely have Haagen Dazs. In fact I rarely have ice cream! Don't know why actually.. Will buy a Haagen Dasz soon and will let you know how I like it:)

    I think your pineapple man is so cute where did you find him? I love reading your blog, I've added you to my blogroll:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Followed you back here after your comment over my way. Good to make your acquaintance, and I must say I am enjoying a stroll through your posts! As for the HD ice cream, I am excited to see that the ingredients appear to be without any sort of gums - guar gum, xantham gum, ect. as well as artificial colors. I will have to try the HD brand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny. The Dulce de Leche is my favorite, you won't be disapointed, just don't look at the ingredients, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. dulce de leche is the best ice cream ever, i cannot find anything to rival it. do not go there you will be hooked! save yourself- stay away!

    ReplyDelete